Sunday, January 27, 2008

Scallop-Courgette Mille feuille with Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms


As usual, I was browing through one of my favourite food blogs La Tarine Gourmande when I came across the recipe of this tantalizing "L'aubergine dans un millefeuille". I had used up the last bits of the aubergine (eggplant) for the ratatouille I made the night before, but I entered the kitchen feeling inspired.

I was in the mood for some courgettes, or zucchini, that night, and I thought to myself, "why not make a courgette millefeuille wannabe?" As a seafood lover, I incorporated some fresh scallops and served the dish with caramelized onions and mushrooms. It is an incredibly easy recipe, but simply satisfying!
Scallop- Courgette Millefeuille

5-7 scallops (dependent on size)
chicken broth* (if you use olive oil, then this can be omitted. If not, add chicken broth or water to prevent sticking)
fresh red chilli to taste (finely diced)
Fresh Basil (or dried if you don't have any)
salt and pepper to taste

Clean and wash the scallop; drain.
Pre-heat the pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil (I omitted the oil)
Put the scallops in the pan. If you didn't add any oil, then you could add some chicken broth or water to prevent the scallops from sticking.
Add basil and salt and pepper to taste.
Save the juices. Remove from heat
Saute the thinly sliced courgettes with some garlic. Add the juices you saved earlier.

Bon appetit!


No comments: